Hybrid and Electric Propulsion System
Battery electric propulsion system – example system configuration
BOS Power’s complete battery electric propulsion solutions ensure safe and reliable zero emission operation for a wide range of applications. The modular solution is designed to be customized to any vessel operation profile. We offer redundant systems for classified vessels, and simplified solutions for non-classified systems.
- The battery electric propoulsion system is well suited for light crafts, car/passenger ferries and work boats.
We provide integration of complete electrical propulsion solutions from bridge to propeller including the components and sub-systems below.
- Batteries storage system (ESS)
- Shore power connection and battery charging system
- Electric Motors – PM or Asynchronous motors
- Switchboard, power electronics and transformers
- Power and Energy Management system (PMS/EMS)
- Bridge operating panels and maneuvering system, including controls
- Auxiliary generator, range extender
Shaft line, propeller and rudder can easily be delivered via our strategic partners.